Spookton Brew Co is to launch its first beers early next month, with each beer making a contribution to a charitable cause.
Spookton founder Jon Pugh
The first three (and all future) beers will support vital charity work. There is a goal to create a permanent space in the North West to serve the local community. A friendly, inclusive space for enthusiasts to relax and enjoy themselves.
Spookton is the creation of Jon Pugh, a homebrewer turned pro, His goal is to share his enthusiasm for craft beer while, at the same time, supporting brilliant organisations.
The donations from these first beers have already been made, and are already making a difference.
Jon said: “It’s important to us that we start the ball rolling ourselves. The charitable donation isn’t reliant on the public buying a beer and taking a punt on a new brewery!”
Sales from the first three beers — Imposter Syndrome, Giggles, and Gloom — have supported the following charities with a 5p donation from every can or pint produced.
- Disasters Emergency Committee: The DEC brings together 15 of the leading aid charities to raise funds quickly and efficiently in times of crisis. They are currently supporting the humanitarian relief efforts in Ukraine and Afghanistan.
- Care 4 Calais: A volunteer-run charity working with refugees in the UK, France, and Belgium, particularly providing direct aid to those refugees in Calais.
- Magic Breakfasts: Provides healthy school breakfasts to children at risk of hunger in disadvantaged areas of the UK.
All of Spookton Brew Co’s beers will be available to the public and trade in 440ml cans and 30-lite KeyKegs. Beers will be available from its website on pre-order and will ship in early June.
Jon added: “We’re already looking at possible premises in the North West in which to set up our brewery tap. The space will be relaxed and welcoming, and will enable Spookton to continue to produce delicious, modern beers that will benefit those in need.”
- Imposter Syndrome (6.5% ABV): a hazy IPA hopped with Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, and Citra
- Giggles (4% ABV): a hazy pale ale, dry hopped with Idaho 7 and Citra
- Gloom (5% ABV): an oatmeal stout made with British hops and plenty of oats
The beers are currently contract brewed at Allendale Brewery.