The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) has recognised 18 breweries and cider makers across the country with Golden Awards, to mark a half-century of the organisation’s work.
Adnams is among the CAMRA Golden Awards winners
As part of its anniversary celebrations throughout 2021, CAMRA is recognising people, groups of people, and businesses which have made a significant contribution to CAMRA’s aims. Thirty-two pubs were announced in July, and today’s recipients are entered in the ‘Pints’ beer category.
Nominations for the Golden Awards were made by CAMRA members and locals. More than 80 breweries were nominated, which were whittled down to 18.
CAMRA’s awards director, Gary Timmins, said: “I am delighted to be celebrating these breweries and cider makers today with CAMRA Golden Awards. These awards reflect the dedication and legacies of these businesses over the last 50 years, and the impact they have had on our campaign and on British brewing and cider production.
“CAMRA’s 50th year comes on the heels of an incredibly difficult time for the industry after 18 months of lockdowns and restrictions. I hope all involved with these businesses, both present and past, will take this award as appreciation for all the hard work involved in producing pints of great quality over the decades.
“Winners have been chosen for their successes in standing the test of time. They are breweries or cider and perry producers that have gone above and beyond in delivering excellence or innovation over the years. I applaud them for their dedication and for being industry stalwarts.”
The award winners
- Adnams, Southwold, Suffolk
- Batemans, Wainfleet, Lincolnshire
- Brains, Cardiff, Wales
- Coach House, Warrington, Cheshire
- Durham, Bowburn, County Durham
- Fuller’s, Chiswick, London
- Harvey’s, Lewes, East Sussex
- Hop Back, Downton, Wiltshire
- Moor, Bristol, Somerset
- Oliver’s Cider & Perry, Ocle Pychard, Herefordshire
- Orkney, Quoyloo, Orkney
- Robinsons, Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Shepherd Neame, Faversham, Kent
- Thwaites, Blackburn, Lancashire
- Timothy Taylor, Keighley, West Yorkshire
- West Berkshire, Yattendon, Berkshire
- West Croft Cider, Highbridge, Somerset
- Wye Valley, Stoke Lacy, Herefordshire