The UK’s busiest postman has delivered a new missive from UKHospitality to chancellor Rishi Sunak as the industry faces continued uncertainty.
As if losing Christmas sales and facing a bleaker than usual January and February wasn’t bad enough, the trade association says the removal of the Jobs Retention Bonus will leave a £2.1bn black hole in sector finances.
UkHospitality is demanding:
- A successor scheme to the Jobs Retention Bonus
- Extension of the business rates holiday for another year from April
- Continuing the VAT cut for hospitality and tourism until the end of 2021
- A workable solution to the huge rent dent handing over the sector, supported by a moratorium extension
- Maintenance of the VAT Retail Export Scheme