Suzanne Haydon, of Stonegate Pub Company, collects the outstanding corportate contribution prize at the Volunteer Awards from Licensed Trade Charity chairman Roy Boulter
Licensed Trade Charity chief executive, Jim Brewster, has thanked the industry for its support at the organisation’s annual meeting.
He congratulated pub companies and breweries as their backing had allowed the charity to help more people than ever in 2017.
Recognition and trophies went to winners of the volunteer awards, and there was a presentation of the outstanding corporate contribution prize to Stonegate Pub Company.
- 8,300 individuals benefited from the charity’s support services, including grants, counselling and advice
- £982,000 was provided in social and educational grants
- 78 grants were provided to support education and training
- 137 volunteers supported the charity
- 6,700 hours were donated by charity service volunteers, fundraisers and trustees
- Stonegate, Fuller’s and Young’s communicated to staff the charity’s personal support programme for anyone connected with the drinks industry
- The charity’s helpine was promoted to more than 23,000 industry employees
How the charity helped
- 385 people called the free telephone advice service in 2017
- 50% of calls were directly related to money worries
- 15% were about housing and fears of being made homeless
- Other concerns were physical and mental health, including serious illness and stress at work
- Six free counselling sessions were offered to each person in need
- More than 60 free information sheets have been made available at licensedtradecharity.org.uk
Targets for the future
- In 2021, 12,900 people will benefit from the charity’s support services
- 80 children of those connected with the trade will receive burcaries, sponsorship or support with fees at LVS Ascot
All content on Beer Today is free to access and always will be. If you would like to support the site with a donation, though — £5 a year would be brilliant — that will be very welcome and can be done via the PayPal donation button below. (You do not need to have a PayPal account). Many thanks!