Top movers and shakers of the UK drinks industry gathered last night in London to hear the results of the Imbibe Personality of the Year Awards 2018.
The nominees were voted for by Imbibe magazine’s readers in record-breaking numbers and the shortlist included the highest calibre of UK on-trade professionals.
JJ Goodman, founder and owner of The London Cocktail Club bar group, Craft Cocktail Co bottled cocktails and Keystones Cocktail Club, picked up the prestigious chairman’s award.
Imbibe editor, Chris Losh, said: “As bar operator, brand owner and globally-recognised celebrity bartender, the influence of JJ Goodman on the on-trade is both significant and varied, with one major success after another.
“With his next plan being to help create the first government-recognised qualification in bartending, this award was an easy decision. This passion to support others in the industry is exactly what Imbibe is all about and we are really proud to recognise the achievements of all our nominees.”
- Mia Johansson, Swift – Bar Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Fernet Branca)
- Tim Bird, Cheshire Cat Pubs and Bars – Pub Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Luscombe Drinks)
- Owen Morgan, The Bar 44 Group – Restaurant Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Champagne Gosset)
- Declan McGurk & Erik Lorincz, American Bar at the Savoy – Hotel Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Ketel One Vodka)
- Tristan Stephenson & Tom Aske, Fluid Movement – Innovator of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Ramón Bilbao)
- Gabe Cook, The Ciderologist – Educator of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Brew + Press)
- Greg Almeida – Hot Stuff 2018 (sponsored by Bulleit)
- David Bruce, The City Pub Group and Alessandro Palazzi, Dukes – Industry Legend 2018 (sponsored by Southern Comfort)
- JJ Goodman, The London Cocktail Club – Chairman’s Award 2018 (sponsored by Tanqueray No. Ten)