Now in its sixth year, The Great Sausage Roll Off, at The Red Lion, Barnes, London, is back and will be taking place at 7pm on Wednesday, January 24, raising funds for Shooting Star Chase.
Hosted by beer and food writer Melissa Cole, the competition will see chefs from across the country descend on The Red Lion to create the ultimate sausage roll.
The judging panel will be Philip Howard (Elystan Street), Oliver Peyton OBE (Peyton and Byrne), Eric Lanlard [master patissier and owner of Cake Boy) and Kate Ovens (presenter and man v food challenges).
Last year’s competition was won by Charlie Hodson (pictured), chef director at Charlie’s Norfolk Food Heroes, with his sausage roll called From Norfolk with Love, which celebrated the best Norfolk ingredients and paid homage to a British Classic.
This year’s line-up includes:
- Anton Manganaro, BAFTA, Piccadilly
- Ben Williams, The White Swan, EC4
- Brendan Fyldes, Green & Fortune
- Charlie Hodson with Jessica-Jane Applegate MBE and Archers Butchers
- Chris Brumby, MYPIE Truck
- Cornish Duck Truck with Adrian Oliver and Stephen Marsh
- James Strawbridge, Crantock Foods
- John Grabecki, BNY Mellon
- Leigh Evans, Methuen Arms, Corsham
- Mark Thornhill, Kings Head Hursley
- Matt Follas, Bramble Café
- Ollie Chadwick, The Market Café, Knutsford
- Phil Harrison, Bears Ice Cream
- Rob Allsworth, Broadstairs College
- Robert Taylor, The Compasses Inn ,Crundale
- Si Toft, The Dining room, Abersoch
- Martin Shires, White Horse, Richmond
To enter the competition, complete the entry form at www.red-lion-barnes.co.uk/rolloff
All content on Beer Today is free to access and always will be. If you would like to support the site with a donation, though — £5 a year would be brilliant — that will be very welcome and can be done via the PayPal donation button below. (You do not need to have a PayPal account). Many thanks!