Lotte Peplow, the Brewers Association’s American Craft Beer Ambassador for Europe — and Beer Today contributor — is to host a series of New Year tastings for the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Lotte will lead attendees through three guided tastings of American craft beers from all corners of the country. Each tasting will last about 90 minutes and include background, history, and trends about American craft brewing, to help attendees learn more about the American craft beer movement overseas.
Lotte said: “The UK has seen a resurgence of interest in American craft beer since the pandemic began, fuelled by the launch of several new online retailers. We want to build on that interest by demonstrating the skill, creativity, and all-round excellence of American craft beer, showcasing a range of incredible tasting beers that are unavailable in the UK.
“As we enter 2021, people may not be able to travel, but beer certainly can! Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn about the American craft brewing movement and discover very special American craft beers, flown over from the States and delivered to your door.”
Tastings cost £30 for members/£35 non-members and can be purchased at camra.org.uk/online-tastings-with-camra/. There are only 20 tickets per tasting available.
The tasting sessions
Thursday, 7th January, 7pm-8.30pm
- Jack’s Abbey Brewing, Framingham MA: Springdale Pearly White Ale (4.5%, 473ml can)
- Denver Beer Co, Denver, CO: Princess Yum Yum Raspberry Kolsch (4.8%, 355ml can)
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Jovian (6.5%, 473ml can) (fruited wild saison)
- Fremont Brewing Co., Seattle, WA: Lush IPA (7%, 355ml can)
- Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, HI: Coconut Hiwa Porter (6%, 355ml can)
- The Virginia Beer Co., Williamsburg, VA: Evil Santa Spiced Milk Stout (7%, 473ml can)
Thursday, 21st January, 7pm-8.30pm
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Calabaza Blanca (4.2%, 473ml can) (farmhouse witbier)
- Maui Brewing Co., Kihei, HI: Pineapple Mana Wheat (5.5%, 355ml can)
- Denver Beer Co., Denver, CO: Graham Cracker Porter (5.6% 355ml can)
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR: Fresh Haze (6.5%, 355ml can)
- Belching Beaver Brewing Co., San Diego, CA: Viva La Beaver (7.5%, 355ml can)
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing Co., Akron, OH: Frogiclaus (14.1%, 250ml can) (barrel-aged creamy Swiss-style holiday lager)
Thursday, 4th February, 7pm-8.30pm
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Dexter, MI: Bam Biere (4.5%, 473ml can) (farmhouse ale)
- Belching Beaver Brewing Co, San Diego, CA: Peanut Butter Milk Stout (5.3%, 355ml can)
- Fremont Brewing Co, Seattle, WA: Sky Kraken Pale Ale (5.5%, 355ml can)
- Jack’s Abby Brewing, Framingham, MA: Big Mocha Stout (6.8%, 473ml can)
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR: Fresh Squeezed IPA (6.4%, 355ml can)
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing Co., Akron, OH: QORIS, The Quasher Quadruple Oatmeal Imperial Stout (15.7% 250ml can)