Brewhouse and Kitchen is to offer a feast of activities this summer as part of CAMRA’s Great British Beer Festival at Your Local.
In the absence of a single Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) event this year, due to COVID-19, the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) is encouraging licensees to hold events and activities celebrating live beer and real cider. These will form part of a Great British Beer Festival at Your Local event, taking place from 30th July to 8th August.
The GBBF, normally held in August at the London Olympia, has been cancelled in both 2020 and 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
GBBF organiser, Catherine Tonry, said: “We’re delighted to be able to bring the Great British Beer Festival to the pubs, clubs, and breweries that have worked so hard to stay afloat in the toughest of years. We hope that beer and cider lovers alike will make their way down to their local Brewhouse and Kitchen and support this great initiative.
“This is the perfect opportunity to raise a glass to all the brilliant publicans, staff members, and patrons who have helped the beer, cider, and pub industry to survive throughout the pandemic. Though we can’t get together at London Olympia for the second year running, we hope that people will take to their locals to get involved with the GBBF at Your Local experience. Let’s get back to the pub today!”
Gail Bunn, marketing manager at Brewhouse & Kitchen, said: “We are so proud to be taking part in the Great British Beer Festival at Your Local this summer, and very impressed with CAMRA’s adaptation of the event. We felt it only fitting that we would set each of our brewers the challenge to create a fantastic festival Cask Cream Ale that would welcome back our CAMRA guests to B&K!”
Brewhouse & Kitchen activities
- Locally brewed Brewhouse & Kitchen cask ale specifically for GBBF, a cream ale, with a focus on cask
- Each brewpub will promote its special GBBF Brewer’s Choice beer, with an internal brewers’ competition to choose the best one
- Meet the brewer talks and tastings of the special cask beer (dates to be arranged with eachbrewpub’s local CAMRA representative)
- The regular 10% CAMRA members discount will apply to all beer/cider purchases
- Diners on Sunday, 1st August, will receive a complimentary taster of the freshly brewed festival beer
- CAMRA branch organised visits during brew days.